A guided tutorial that will help you get started with XUL, originally from XULPlanet.
XUL (XML User Interface Language) is Mozilla's XML-based language for building user interfaces of applications like Firefox. The term XUL is sometimes used to refer to the whole Mozilla platform (e.g. XUL applications are applications using XUL and other components of the platform).
XUL Controls lists some of the common controls provided by XUL.
- XUL Tutorial
- A guided tutorial that will help you get started with XUL, originally from XULPlanet.
- XUL Reference
- XUL elements, attributes, properties, methods, and event handlers.
- XUL Controls
- A quick list of all of the available XUL controls.
- The Joy of XUL
- Describes the key features and components of XUL.
- Menus and Popups Guide
- A guide on using menus and popup panels.
- Template Guide
- A detailed guide on XUL templates, which is a means of generating content from a datasource.
- Drag and Drop
- How to perform drag and drop operations.
- XUL Periodic Table
- This collection of XUL demos was available as a web page, but can no longer be viwed in Firefox since support for Remote XUL was disabled. There is a XULRunner application containing the XUL Periodic Table which can be opened with Gecko based browsers. You can get it here. See: XULRunner_tips#Using_Firefox_3_to_run_XULRunner_applications for instructions on running XULRunner apps in Firefox.
- Changes to XUL
- New XUL features and changes to existing features are included in the Firefox developer release notes.