Why should you use Persona on your website?
- Persona completely eliminates site-specific passwords, freeing users and websites from the burden of creating, managing, and securely storing passwords.
- Persona is easy to use. With just two clicks a Persona user can sign into a new site like Voost or The Times Crossword, bypassing the friction associated with account creation.
- Persona is easy to implement. Developers can add Persona to a site in a single afternoon.
- Best of all, there's no lock-in. Developers get a verified email address for all of their users, and users can use any email address with Persona.
Plus, Persona is only going to get better: it's built on an open, decentralized protocol that's designed to allow direct integration into browsers and native support by email providers. Sites that implement Persona today will automatically experience those improvements, without having to change any code.
Using Persona on your site
- Security considerations
- Practices and techniques to make sure your Persona deployment is secure.
- Browser compatibility
- Learn exactly which browsers support Persona.
- Learn how Persona handles different languages.
- The implementor's guide
- Tips from sites that have added support for Persona.
- Libraries and plugins
- Find a drop-in library for your favorite programming language, web framework, blog, or content management system.
- The Persona cookbook
- Example source code for Persona sites. Includes snippets in C# (MVC3), PHP, Node.JS, and more.
- Branding resources
- Sign in buttons and other graphics to help present Persona to your users.
Information for Identity Providers
If you're an email provider or another identity-providing service, check out the links below to learn about becoming a Persona Identity Provider.
- IdP Overview
- A high level view of Persona Identity Providers.
- Implementing an IdP
- A detailed guide to the technical details of becoming an IdP.
- An overview of the structure and purpose of the
.well-known/browseridfile, which IdPs use to advertise their support for the protocol.
The Persona Project
- BrowserID and Persona terminology defined.
- Answers to common questions.
- Protocol overview
- A mid-level technical overview of the underlying BrowserID protocol.
- A look at the cryptographic concepts behind Persona and BrowserID.
- The Spec
- Deep technical details live here.
- The Persona Website
- To get Persona going, we're hosting three services at https://login.persona.org: a fallback Identity Provider, a portable implementation of the
navigator.idAPIs, and an identity assertion verification service.
- The Persona Source Code
- The code behind the Persona website lives in a repository on GitHub. Pull requests welcome!