You’re reading the English version of this content since no translation exists yet for this locale. Help us translate this article!
A basic understanding of information security can help you avoid unnecessarily leaving your software and sites insecure and vulnerable to weaknesses that can be exploited for financial gain or other malicious reasons. These articles can help you learn what you need to know. With this information, you can be aware of the role and importance of security throughout the web development cycle and beyond into deployment of your content.
- Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability
- Describes the primary security objectives, which are absolutely fundamental to understanding security
- Defines the major categories of vulnerabilities and discusses the presence of vulnerabilities in all software
- Briefly introduces major threat concepts
- Security Controls
- Defines major categories of security controls and discusses their potential disadvantages
- TCP/IP Security
- An overview of the TCP/IP model, with a focus on the security considerations for SSL