The Debug object only works in Internet Explorer and Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8.1 Store apps.
debug object is an instrinsic global object that sends output to a debugger.
You do not instantiate the Debug object. Its properties and methods are called off the
There are different ways to debug Internet Explorer and Windows 8.x Store apps. In Windows 8.x Store apps, the
writeln functions of the
Debug object display strings in the Visual Studio Output window at run time.
If the script is not being debugged, the
Debug methods and properties have no effect.
Async Callback Status Codes
|Debug.MS_ASYNC_CALLBACK_STATUS_ASSIGN_DELEGATE||The synchronous work item assigned a callback or continuation to be run by an asynchronous operation.||0|
|Debug.MS_ASYNC_CALLBACK_STATUS_JOIN||The synchronous work item satisfied part of a join asynchronous operation.||1|
|Debug.MS_ASYNC_CALLBACK_STATUS_CHOOSEANY||The synchronous work item satisfied a choice asynchronous operation.||2|
|Debug.MS_ASYNC_CALLBACK_STATUS_CANCEL||The synchronous work item was canceled.||3|
|Debug.MS_ASYNC_CALLBACK_STATUS_ERROR||The synchronous work item caused an error in an asynchronous operation.||4|
Async Operation Status Codes
|Debug.MS_ASYNC_OP_STATUS_SUCCESS||The asynchronous operation was successful.||1|
|Debug.MS_ASYNC_OP_STATUS_CANCELED||The asynchronous operation was canceled.||2|
|Debug.MS_ASYNC_OP_STATUS_ERROR||The asynchronous operation resulted in an error.||3|
- Determines whether debugging is enabled for the script context. Debugging may be enabled or disabled whether or not a debugger is attached.
- Determines whether any try-catch blocks in this scope are to be treated by the debugger as user-unhandled.
- Indicates that the callback stack associated with a previously specified asynchronous operation has completed.
- Associates the callback stack with a previously specified asynchronous operation.
- Indicates that an asynchronous operation has completed.
- Initiates a trace for an asynchronous operation.
- Updates the relationship status between a synchronous work item and the associated asynchronous operation.
- Sends strings to the script debugger.
- Sends strings to the script debugger, followed by a newline character.
Print the value of a variable
This example uses the
write function to display the value of the variable.
var counter = 42; Debug.write("The value of counter is " + counter);
Supported in the following document modes: Quirks, Internet Explorer 6 standards, Internet Explorer 7 standards, Internet Explorer 8 standards, Internet Explorer 9 standards, Internet Explorer 10 standards, Internet Explorer 11 standards. Also supported in Store apps (Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8.1).