MozSocial object, returned by the
navigator.mozSocial property, is available within the social media provider's panel to provide functionality it may need.
Note: Although Mozilla hopes to submit this API for standardization eventually, it has not yet done so.
Returns a Boolean value; the result is
trueif the content is visible, otherwise it's
- Closes the currently open flyout panel.
- Performs some action designed to get the user's attention; the exact behavior may vary from platform to platform. This might display a visual effect, play an audible notification, flash the screen, or use some other technique.
Returns a reference to the service worker; once content has this reference, it can call
worker.port.postMessage()method to communicate with the service.
- Opens a chat window that is anchored to the bottom of the browser window. Each chat window is expected to be a singular chat, but functionality may vary by provider.
- Opens a flyout panel attached to the sidebar at a given vertical offset. This might be, for example, used to display the actual conversation corresponding to a notification in the sidebar.
- Initiates a share action via the SocialAPI Share panel. One argument is passed, an object containing "url", "title", "description", "source" and "image".