This feature is not on a current W3C standards track, but it is supported on the Firefox OS platform. Although implementations may change in the future and it is not supported widely across browsers, it is suitable for use in code dedicated to Firefox OS apps.
getNetworks method is used to retrieve the whole list of available WiFi networks surrounding the device.
var request = navigator.mozWifiManager.getNetworks();
- A string representing the ssid of the network.
- A string representing the bssid of the network.
- An array of strings representing the special abilities of the network (currently, only
- An array of strings representing the security model of the network (currently supports
- A number indicating the absolute strength of the signal in dBm.
- A number in the range [0,100] indicating the relative strength of the signal.
- A boolean indicating if the device is connected to that network.
- A boolean indicating if the network is already known by the device (it has been used already).
Not part of any specification.