This feature is obsolete. Although it may still work in some browsers, its use is discouraged since it could be removed at any time. Try to avoid using it.
- The number of degrees upward that the field of view extends.
- The number of degrees to the right that the field of view extends.
- The number of degrees downwards that the field of view extends.
- The number of degrees to the left that the field of view extends.
You wouldn't ever use this object directly; for some useful examples see the
To access the properties directly, you could do something like this:
var lEye = myHMDVRDevice.getEyeParameters('left'); lEye.recommendedFieldOfView.upDegrees // returns something like 53.09438550469889 lEye.recommendedFieldOfView.rightDegrees // returns something like 47.52769258067174 lEye.recommendedFieldOfView.downDegrees // returns something like 53.09438550469889 lEye.recommendedFieldOfView.leftDegrees // returns something like 46.63209579904155
The definition of 'VRFieldOfViewReadOnly' in that specification.
We're converting our compatibility data into a machine-readable JSON format. This compatibility table still uses the old format, because we haven't yet converted the data it contains. Find out how you can help!
|Feature||Chrome||Firefox (Gecko)||Internet Explorer||Opera||Safari (WebKit)|
|Basic support||(Yes)||39 (39)||No support||No support||No support|
|Feature||Android||Firefox Mobile (Gecko)||Firefox OS (Gecko)||IE Phone||Opera Mobile||Safari Mobile||Chrome for Android|
|Basic support||No support||39.0 (39)
|No support||No support||No support||No support||No support|
-  The support in Chrome is currently experimental. To find information on Chrome's WebVR implementation status including supporting builds, check out Bringing VR to Chrome by Brandon Jones.
-  The support for this feature is currently disabled by default in Firefox. To enable WebVR support in Firefox Nightly/Developer Edition, you can go to
about:configand enable the
dom.vr*prefs. A better option however is to install the WebVR Enabler Add-on, which does this for you and sets up other necessary parts of the environment.
-  The
dom.vr*prefs are enabled by default at this point, in Nightly/Aurora editions.