Mutation Observers provides developers a way to react to changes in a DOM. It is designed as a replacement for Mutation Events defined in the DOM3 Events specification.
This is a stub - please see these pages instead:
- A brief overview: http://updates.html5rocks.com/2012/0...tion-Observers
- A more in-depth discussion: http://hacks.mozilla.org/2012/05/dom...r-performance/
- A screencast by Chromium developer Rafael Weinstein: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRZ4pO0gVWw
- The mutation summary library: http://code.google.com/p/mutation-summary/
- The DOM4 specification which defines the