Do you want to help make MDC even better? Here's how to get started.
The Mozilla Developer Network (MDN) supports the growth and development of Firefox and the web by providing comprehensive, accurate, and up-to-date information about Firefox, Mozilla, and web development technologies. MDN Documentation Center (MDC) is the documentation section of MDN.
User questions can be asked on one of the end-user support forums.
I found some wrong or out-of-date info. What should I do?
Ideally, it would be great if you would just fix it. MDC is a wiki, after all. For typos and other minor things, it's really quicker to fix it than to tell someone about it.
But that's not always realistic. Maybe you came to MDC to quickly find some info while in the middle of some other task, and you don't want to interrupt your flow. Or maybe you can tell that something's not right, but you don't personally know all the correct info. There are a few ways you can flag a problem to hopefully be fixed by someone else, including Bugzilla and tagging.
If you don't know what Bugzilla is, you can safely ignore this section. If you're the kind of person who lives and breathes in Bugzilla, you can file a documentation bug. Use these field values:
- Mozilla Developer Network
- Documentation requests
- The page where you found the problem
- As much as you know or have time to describe about the problem and where to find correct information. This can include people ("talk to so-and-so") as well as Web links.
If you're not a Bugzilla maven, you can use tags within MDC to flag problems. Here are some of the tags we use, and their meanings:
- NeedsMarkupWork: the formatting is not standard or not consistent with other pages.
- NeedsExample: needs one or more illustrative code examples of the item documented.
- NeedsContent: the item is incomplete and needs to be filled out.
- NeedsBrowserCompatibility: needs a browser compatibility table or needs the table filled out.
- MakeBrowserAgnostic: the article is written with a focus on Gecko, when it is actually about a standard function or feature, which should be rewritten to be generic.
To add tags
To remove tags
I want to dive in!
If you'd like to help make the content on MDC better, there are several ways you can contribute. You can write new content, copy-edit and correct existing material, or translate material into new languages. Check out Getting started for details.
For technical discussions about Mozilla technology, please use one of the Mozilla development forums.