I'm Jennifer Zickerman, and I'm helping out with the Thunderbird documentation.
Plans for Thunderbird 3 release
- change "Extensions" page to "Extensions / Add-ons"? (to standardize terminology) (Or is this not really a problem?)
- standardize on "addons" or "add-ons"?
- Why is "Documentation" heading a site tag?
Main Page | Extensions
- (review) Setting up extension development environment
- (review) Extension Packaging
- (review) Installing extensions ( -> Installing / Uninstalling extensions)
- (review) Extension Frequently Asked Questions
- (review) Submitting an add-on to AMO
- (review) Code snippets
- Firefox addons developer guide
- Creating Custom Firefox Extensions with the Mozilla Build System
- Updating extensions for Firefox 3
- Updating extensions for Firefox 3.5
- Building an Extension ( -> Building a Firefox extension)
- (review) Building a Thunderbird extension (developer.mozilla.org/en/Building_a_Thunderbird_extension)
- (new) How to muck around with the folder pane
- (new) How to much around with the message view
- (new) How to muck around with the message list
- (new) How to add a new tab
- (new) How to add a column
Updating extensions for SeaMonkey 2.0
Preliminary planning notes
(preliminary planning notes derived from chats with David Ascher, Sheppy, David Bienvienu and Dan Mosedale)
1. Infrastructure and process
1.1 Doc set
- "meta" docs
- packaging extensions
- patch rather than workaround
1.2 What goes where? Deployment plan
- what goes where?
1.2.1 Existing sites
1.3 Existing docs
- stuff that's hidden away
- leverage existing Firefox docs
1.4 Consulting group
- Eric, Dan, David, David
- do we need a committee? (gak) if so, who?
- why are we doing this? what are we trying to achieve?
2. Requirements / gap analysis
3. TODO list / assignments and contributors / deadlines
- list required articles
- David Bienvenu, ...
- identifying update triggers
Email: jen at mozillamessaging dot com