I'm Jennifer Zickerman, and I'm helping out with the Thunderbird documentation.
Plans for Thunderbird 3 release
1.2.2 Suggested deployment
- change "Extensions" page to "Extensions / Add-ons"? (to standardize terminology) (Or is this not really a problem?)
- standardize on "addons" or "add-ons"?
Main Page | Extensions
- (review) Setting up extension development environment
- (review) Extension Packaging
- (review) Installing extensions ( -> Installing / Uninstalling extensions)
- (review) Extension Frequently Asked Questions
- (review) Submitting an add-on to AMO
- (review) Code snippets
- Firefox addons developer guide
- Creating Custom Firefox Extensions with the Mozilla Build System
- Updating extensions for Firefox 3
- Updating extensions for Firefox 3.5
- Building an Extension ( -> Building a Firefox extension)
- (review) Building a Thunderbird extension (developer.mozilla.org/en/Building_a_Thunderbird_extension)
- (new) How to muck around with the folder pane
- (new) How to much around with the message view
- (new) How to muck around with the message list
- (new) How to add a new tab
- (new) How to add a column
d.a Updating extensions for SeaMonkey 2.0
- Why is "Documentation" heading a site tag?
Preliminary planning notes
(preliminary planning notes derived from chats with David Ascher, Sheppy, David Bienvienu and Dan Mosedale)
1. Infrastructure and process
1.1 Doc set
- "meta" docs
- packaging extensions
- patch rather than workaround
1.2 What goes where? Deployment plan
- what goes where?
1.2.1 Existing sites
1.3 Existing docs
- stuff that's hidden away
- leverage existing Firefox docs
1.4 Consulting group
- Eric, Dan, David, David
- do we need a committee? (gak) if so, who?
- why are we doing this? what are we trying to achieve?
2. Requirements / gap analysis
3. TODO list / assignments and contributors / deadlines
- list required articles
- David Bienvenu, ...
- identifying update triggers
Email: jen at mozillamessaging dot com