- Needs to fit in well with the look & feel of the mozilla.com web site
- Should keep things fairly simple though
- Needs to be fast to load
- Needs to have the new Deki breadcrumbs supported; all pages should display breadcrumbs at the top (and possibly also the bottom, depending on how that looks and works)
- Needs to work with the Jay Cooke release of DekiWiki
- Should not have the article list sidebar
Things to explore
- Where will we put language links?
Look and feel
I like the way the "mdc" skin we have for MediaWiki looks; it's very simple and practical. Here's a screenshot:
The only problems I have with this skin are the random sizes the "Edit" links on sections seem to be.
We don't need to stick with a look just like this; this is just an example of the kind of simple readability that would be nice.
- We can set up a VM hosting the wiki so that there's a system for development and testing work.
- The wiki will be deployed on RHEL 5.