Because Open Web Apps are a work in progress and are not yet standardized, you will have to install a pre-release version of Firefox to be able to use them. For Android you need Firefox Aurora for Android. Aurora is pre-beta software.
Open Web Apps for Android
- put it here: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Apps/Apps_for_Android
Android is one of many platforms that can run Open Web Apps.
If you are developing apps for the Firefox OS and do not have a Firefox OS device, testing the app on an Android phone can be helpful.
What you need
If you want your Open Web App to run on an Android device, the device needs to have Firefox Aurora for Android. Aurora is pre-beta software.
There are no other special needs for developing Web apps for Android. The apps developer documentation on the Mozilla Developer Network applies to your Android apps.
If you want your app to run well and be usable on Android, keep in mind that a smartphone is a small-screen device and this must be handled properly by your app. A best practice for doing this is to use responsive Web design. [link https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web_Development/Responsive_Web_design]
Also, there can be device APIs available on a smartphone that are not available on a desktop OS. For example, orientation, geolocation, vibration, and so on.
Installing an app on Android
- On the Android device, open Firefox Aurora and go to the Mozilla Marketplace at https://marketplace.mozilla.org.
- Log in to the Marketplace. If you are prompted to Install the Marketplace app, install it. (This is not required but it makes Marketplace interaction easier with Android.)
- Find the app you want to install.
- Click the Free button to install the app.
- When the confirmation appears, tap OK.
The Android device should notify you that the app has been installed. For example, a notification can appear in the notification area at the top of the screen.
The installation creates an icon on the home screen. The app will not be added to the application list that is available from the Settings menu on the Android device.
Uninstalling an app
(How do you uninstall an Open Web App on Android? It is not added to the application list, where you can uninstall ordinary Android apps.)