To open the Web Console:
- either select "Web Console" from the Web Developer submenu in the Firefox Menu (or Tools menu if you display the menu bar or are on Mac OS X)
- or press the CtrlShiftK (CommandOptionK on OS X) keyboard shortcut.
The Web Console's interface is split into four horizontal sections:
- Toolbar: along the top is a toolbar containing three buttons. Click the garbage can button to clear the contents of the console. Click the funnel icon to filter the messages that are displayed in the console. The checkbox on the righthand side of the Toolbar allows you to turn on the Persist Logs feature to save the
- Message Display Pane: the messages generated by the code in the page and by the commands entered on the command line are displayed following each command
- The checkbox on the right-hand side of the toolbar controls whether or not the console is cleared when you navigate to a new page or reload the current page. The default setting will clear the console.
Note: You can clear the contents of the console by enterting the keyboard command Ctrl + Shift + L (Windows, macOS, and Linux) or Cmd + K on macOS.