Make a wish
Is there a specific article or piece of documentation we're missing that you really wish we had? Add it to the list below. Unless you're sure there is no documentation on the topic you're interested in, please ask in the relevant newsgroup and/or on the MDC mailing list first. Also, please make your request easy to understand; add a link to a longer description of the request if needed.
Fulfill a wish
Do you want to contribute new content to the MDC, but aren't sure where to start? Pick a topic from the list below, research it, and write it up! When you're finished, please delete the item from the list.
If you would like to contribute but don't want to write a whole new document, check out our to do list.
For more information on how to help or how to get started see how to help.
- Drag and Drop of objects within tabs
- Introduction to E4X
- E4X tutorial
- Introduction to AJAX (we have AJAX:Getting Started, but could use something more elaborate maybe)
- AJAX tutorial
- Introduction to SVG: Part 1 What is SVG and how do I create SVG content
- Introduction to SVG: Part 2 How can I (dynamically) handle/modify SVG content
- SVG tutorial
- Developing Mozilla Thunderbird Extensions
- Writing an Options dialog using Firefox 1.5's new Preferences System
- Tips & Tricks for creating usable interfaces
- Using CSS Counters
- CSS Reference (this is under development already, but could use a lot more content)
- add Signing an XPI to Extension Packaging
- 'Bird's-eye view' articles on the architecture of the browser, of mail&news, etc.
- Short page talking about the subset of doxygen markup that we use in IDL files
- Docs for tree-wide preprocessor macros (
NS_RELEASE, etc.) -- probably their definitions if not too abstruse and a brief description of use
- Some of these docs have been started, see Category:XPCOM Macros
- Docs for tree-wide types (
nsresult, whatever other non-class non-standard types are used)
- Rework of the documentation, so that you will not end up with phrases that are completely undocumented like "DOM client area" for example (6 google hits, all of which are pure references, non being a definition).
- SQLite Storage API documentation
- An entry for DOM:document.createElementNS
- pseudo-class description in CSS