This page is for listing documentation we don't, but really should, have. Feel free to add to it as you wish. Try to order each list from highest to lowest priority. If you're inspired, please feel free to start writing any of the following...
For more information on how to help or how to get started see How to Help.
Specific Article and Docs Requests
- Specific article and documentation requests should be added to the MDC:Articles and Tutorials Sign-up List. If you plan to write a specific article, please add it there. You are also welcome to sign up to write any of the unclaimed articles on the list.
General Topics that need more content
- E4X: Introductory and more Advanced articles; Reference documentation; Sample code
- AJAX: Introductory and more Advanced articles; Sample code
- SVG: Introductory and more Advanced articles; Sample code
Mozilla Extension/Application Developers
- Themes: Articles and tutorials about creating themes for Firefox
- Extensions: Articles and tutorials about creating extensions for Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey (MZ KB has a few articles and links already)
- Core IDL and XPConnect: Articles and in-depth tutorials
- Already started at least the IDL stuff, see Interfaces for a list of Interfaces that need documenting. (and for initial work)
Mozilla Core Development
- 'Bird's-eye view' articles on the architecture of the browser, of mail&news, etc.
- Short page talking about the subset of doxygen markup that we use in IDL files
- Docs for tree-wide preprocessor macros (
NS_RELEASE, etc.) -- probably their definitions if not too abstruse and a brief description of use
- Some docs started, see Category:XPCOM Macros
- Docs for tree-wide types (
nsresult, whatever other non-class non-standard types are used)
Tools and Features