This article will guide you in reporting a performance problem using the Gecko Profiler extension.
Setting up the Gecko Profiler extension
- Download and start the nightly-profiling build for your platform (Windows, Mac, Linux). You will have to close all running instance of Firefox before lunching nightly-profiling.
- Verify that it is running correctly by going to 'About Nightly' by looking for 'nightly-profiling' as the update channel (3rd line).
- Download the latest version of the Gecko Profiler extension. If the addon doesn't show up hit 'View->Toolbar->Add-on bar'.
- The profiler extension will show up in the bottom right and will be labeled as 'Profiler: Running'.
- Reproduce the performance problem. If possible let the problem manifest itself for 5-10 seconds.
- Click on 'Profiler: Running' and select 'Analyze'. Try to do this within a few seconds from reproducing the problem problem.