Receives bytes from a connected socket.
#include <prio.h> PRInt32 PR_Recv( PRFileDesc *fd, void *buf, PRInt32 amount, PRIntn flags, PRIntervalTime timeout);
The function has the following parameters:
- A pointer to a PRFileDesc object representing a socket.
- A pointer to a buffer to hold the data received.
- The size of
- Must be zero or
- A value of type
PRIntervalTimespecifying the time limit for completion of the receive operation.
The function returns one of the following values:
- A positive number indicates the number of bytes actually received.
- The value 0 means the network connection is closed.
- The value -1 indicates a failure. The reason for the failure can be obtained by calling
PR_Recv blocks until some positive number of bytes are transferred, a timeout occurs, or an error occurs. No more than
amount bytes will be transferred.