Summary: mozilla.dev.builds - November 17th to November 24th 2006
- November 20th: Joe is trying to build Xulrunner using the ming compiler on WindowsXP.
- However he has been unsuccessful and a bunch of errors. To view the Joe's error please check the posting.
- He is using make 3.80, working with the source tarball for xulrunner 1.8.4,running "make -f client.mk distclean" followed by "make -f client.mk build_all".
- Joe is asking for help on a possible solution to fix his problem.
- November 21st: Buffaloaf is having trouble getting a personal XPCOM component to work under XulRunner when compiled with MSVS 2005.
- Luke is migrating all of his code to compile with vc8 and is having some problems. He is receiving the following error:
Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80570016 (NS_ERROR_XPC_GS_RETURNED_FAILURE) [nsIJSCID.getService]" nsresult: "0x80570016 (NS_ERROR_XPC_GS_RETURNED_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://modzilla/content/js/pkg_zillacom.js :: <TOP_LEVEL> :: line 1202" data: no]
- He is running XulRunner v126.96.36.199.
- Luke wants to know if compiling XulRunner with a static CRT is better or worse than compiling with the MSCVR80.DLL dependency.
- November 21st: T Rowley announced that: he will be landing his patch that starts the process of switching SVG over to thebes (bug 354866).
- If you build dependencies with non-default toolkit or on a non tier-1 platform you'll need to disable SVG in your mozconfig.
- November 20th: Boris Zbarskyannounced that: we need to create an intl performance page set or multiple intl performance page sets and run at least the pageload tests for all of these pagesets, and preferably also some sort of DHTML tests using pages of the different types.
- He stated that the goal here is that once the tests are set up we can do a Gecko 1.8 baseline so that we know what our performance goals for Gecko 1.9 are.
- There were no meetings this week.
Summarized By: Vanessa Miranda & Mohammad Tirtashi
Document Tags and Contributors
Last updated by: Anonymous,