Summary: mozilla.dev.apps.firefox - November 24, 2006 - December 1, 2006
None this week.
- Firefox 2.0 should re-implement modal window.open to support Web 2.0
- A plea to re-implement the option to show modal windows, using window.open(), from inside an untrusted script. This implementation was removed in 2002 to fight against popups.
- XML in Firefox is a Major Problem
- A major debate surrounding the use of xml for customizing RSS feeds. Devs say this is the way its supposed to be, others say its a bug! The debate continues.
- Discussion of support for Modal windows within Firefox 2.0
- A lengthy post regarding the re-implementation of modal windows into firefox.
- Basic Feature that I think is a must in any web broswer
- A discussion revolving around the idea of having firefox automatically convert mistaken non-English characters to English so that web addresses will be completed.
- mozStorage documentation up
- A revisted discussion surround the mozStorage documentation.
- rich results for searches
- A proposal to implement "rich results", a set of registered sites that would provide information as it relates to a user's search.
- Windows DDE Shell Integration removal
- A call for responses or concerns regarding the removal of the DDE Shell Integration.
- How do allow an internal web site to have UniversalBrowserWrite?
- A question regarding having an internal website use UniversalBrowserWrite on a local intranet.
- Developping microsummary generator
- Questions and discussion surrounding microsummaries in FF 2.0.
- Applying extensions
- Question regarding the proper application of FF extensions.
- Finding out how blur() works...
- Question regarding how to access the functionality that arises when window.blur() is called.
- FF2 not responding to click on link
- Concerns regarding FF 2.0 not responding to button or link clicks until the button or link is clicked a second time.
- Dual Screen browsing
- Discussion regarding browsing across dual screens and simplifying the process.
- Suggestion for Status Bar
- Suggestion that a new status bar be implemented that would have a hover>appear style of operation similar to the Mac "menu".
None this week.
Document Tags and Contributors
Last updated by: Anonymous,