Creates a new instance of a plug-in.
#include <npapi.h> NPError NPP_New(NPMIMEType pluginType, NPP instance, uint16 mode, int16 argc, char *argn, char *argv, NPSavedData *saved);
The function has the following parameters:
- Pointer to the MIME type for new plug-in instance.
- Contains instance-specific private data for the plug-in and the browser. This data is stored in instance->pdata.
- Display mode of plug-in. Values:
- NP_EMBED: (1) Instance was created by an EMBED tag and shares the browser window with other content.
- NP_FULL: (2) Instance was created by a separate file and is the primary content in the window.
- Number of HTML arguments in the EMBED tag for an embedded plug-in; determines the number of attributes in the argn and argv arrays.
- Array of attribute names passed to the plug-in from the EMBED tag.
- Array of attribute values passed to the plug-in from the EMBED tag.
- Pointer to data saved by NPP_Destroy for a previous instance of this plug-in at the same URL. If non-null, the browser passes ownership of the NPSavedData object back to the plug-in. The plug-in is responsible for freeing the memory for the NPSavedData and the buffer it contains.
- If successful, the function returns NPERR_NO_ERROR.
- If unsuccessful, the function returns an error code. For possible values, see Error Codes.
NPP_New creates a new instance of a plug-in. It is called after NP_Initialize and provides the MIME type, embedded or full-screen display mode, and, for embedded plug-ins, information about HTML EMBED arguments.
If instance data was saved from a previous instance of the plug-in by the NPP_Destroy function, it is returned in the saved parameter for the current instance to use.
All attributes in the EMBED tag (standard and private) are passed in
NPP_New in the argn and argv arrays. The browser ignores any non-standard attributes within an EMBED tag. This gives developers a chance to use private attributes to communicate instance-specific options or other information to the plug-in. Place private options at the end of the list of standard attributes in the EMBED Tag.