Invokes a method on the given
#include <npruntime.h> bool NPN_Invoke(NPP npp, NPObject *npobj, NPIdentifier methodName, const NPVariant *args, uint32_t argCount, NPVariant *result);
The function has the following parameters:
- The NPP indicating which plugin wants to call the method on the object.
- The object on which to invoke a method.
- A string identifier indicating the name of the name of the method to invoke.
- An array of arguments to pass to the method.
- The number of arguments in the <tt>args</tt> array.
- A pointer to an
NPVariantto receive the result returned by the method.
true if the method was successfully invoked, otherwise
false. If the method was invoked successfully, any return value is stored in the
NPVariant specified by <tt>result</tt>.
When the caller no longer needs the <tt>result</tt>, it must call
NPN_ReleaseVariantValue() to release it.
The method arguments are passed as an array of
NPVariants, and the number of arguments is passed in. The result of the method invocation is returned through an
NPVariant result parameter. If the method invocation succeeds,
NPN_Call()but was renamed for consistency.