This content covers features introduced in Thunderbird 3
- Any non-mailnews url/location has cookies enabled, e.g., remote content.
- Viewing RSS feed items as web pages allows cookies.
- Allows emails to associate cookies with email addresses
- <img src="http://firstname.lastname@example.org">, tracker.net sets a cookie, later page views read the cookie and email address/profile
- Scenario: nytimes.com sends daily news per mail with embedded web bug, and from then on tracks all RSS reads with email address/identity.