More information is available in the XUL tutorial.
Note: Prior to Gecko 8.0, images did not shrink down with the same ratio in both directions when specifying maximum sizes using
maxwidth. The new behavior aligns more with the HTML
<img> element and shrinks both the width and height down proportionally.
<image src='Firefoxlogo.png' width='135' height='130'/>
- Type: script code
This event handler will be called on the
imageelement when the image has finished loading. This applies whether the image is applied via the
srcattribute or the
list-style-imagestyle property. If you change the image, the event will fire again when the new image loads. This event will not bubble up the element tree.
- Type: URI
- The URI of the content to appear in the element.
- Type: one of the values below
- This attribute indicates whether to load the image from the cache or not. This would be useful if the images are stored remotely or you plan on swapping the image frequently. The following values are accepted, or leave out the attribute entirely for default handling:
- The image is always checked to see whether it should be reloaded.
- The image will be loaded from the cache if possible.
- Type: integer
- A value indicating the type of accessibility object for the element.
Class that adds an alert icon. This typically looks like an exclamation mark. This and the other icon classes may be used by
imageelements or other elements which can have an image.
- Class that adds an error icon. This will typically be a red "X" icon.
- Class that adds a message box icon.
- Class that adds a question icon, which usually looks like a question mark.