nsIServerSocket interface implements a server socket that can accept incoming connections.
@mozilla.org/network/server-socket;1. To create an instance, use:
var serverSocket = Components.classes["@mozilla.org/network/server-socket;1"] .createInstance(Components.interfaces.nsIServerSocket);
||Returns the port of this server socket. Read only.|
This method puts the server socket in the listening state. It will asynchronously listen for and accept client connections. The listener will be notified once for each client connection that is accepted. The listener's
onSocketAccepted() method will be called on the same thread that called
asyncListen() (the calling thread must have an
void asyncListen( in nsIServerSocketListener aListener );
- The listener to be notified when client connections are accepted.
This method closes a server socket. This does not affect already connected client sockets (i.e., the
nsISocketTransport instances created from this server socket). This will cause the
onStopListening event to asynchronously fire with a status of
Returns the address to which this server socket is bound. Since a server socket may be bound to multiple network devices, this address may not necessarily be specific to a single network device. In the case of an IP socket, the IP address field would be zeroed out to indicate a server socket bound to all network devices. Therefore, this method cannot be used to determine the IP address of the local system. See
nsIDNSService.myHostName() if this is what you need.
The network address to which the socket is bound.
Initializes a server socket.
void init( in long aPort, in boolean aLoopbackOnly, in long aBackLog );
- The port of the server socket. Pass -1 to indicate no preference, and a port will be selected automatically.
true, the server socket will only respond to connections on the local loopback interface. Otherwise, it will accept connections from any interface. To specify a particular network interface, use
- The maximum length to which the queue of pending connections may grow. This parameter may be silently limited by the operating system. Pass -1 to use the default value. The default value is 5.
This method initializes a server socket and binds it to a particular local address (and hence a particular local network interface).
void initWithAddress( [const] in PRNetAddrPtr aAddr, in long aBackLog );
- The address to which this server socket should be bound.
- The maximum length the queue of pending connections may grow to. This parameter may be silently limited by the operating system. Pass -1 to use the default value. The default value is 5.