Standalone source code releases can be found on the Releases page.
- SpiderMonkey Build Documentation
- How to get SpiderMonkey source code, build it, and run the test suite.
- JSAPI User Guide
- JSAPI cookbook
- GC Rooting Guide
- Guide on how to write code compatible with the Generational GC in SpiderMonkey.
- An older tutorial about embedding SpiderMonkey.
Hacking on SpiderMonkey
- New to SpiderMonkey
- A guide to hacking on SpiderMonkey.
- Setting up CDT to work on SpiderMonkey
- How to configure Eclipse to work on the SpiderMonkey code.
- Contributing to SpiderMonkey
- A slidecast that is less than four minutes long.
- JSAPI Reference
- SpiderMonkey API reference.
- JS Debugger API Reference
- API reference for the
Debuggerobject introduced in SpiderMonkey 1.8.6, which corresponds to Gecko 8.0 (Firefox 8.0 / Thunderbird 8.0 / SeaMonkey 2.5).
- Bytecode descriptions
- Listing of SpiderMonkey's bytecodes.
- Parser API
Tips, tricks and philosophy
- Future Directions
- Future directions for functionality, design, and coding practices.
- SpiderMonkey Internals
- A design overview and a file-by-file walkthrough of the implementation.
- Bytecode Reference
- SpiderMonkey bytecode reference.
- SpiderMonkey Internals: GC
- Separate internals article on the GC
- SpiderMonkey Internals: Hacking Tips
- Collection of helpful tips & tools for hacking on the engine
Document Tags and Contributors
Contributors to this page: sphink, tschneidereit, evilpie, fscholz, xfq, LeetJoe, YaroTek, ziyunfei, Nickolay, sstangl, docbrown, Sheppy, Dmandelin, terrence, ethertank, berkerpeksag, Jorend, Waldo, cdleary, BLU3Y3Z29, Wesgarland, pbiggar, MrN, Swaroopch, Mgjbot, MMondor, Federico, Ptak82, Dria, Andreas Wuest, Chbok, Pmsyyz, Evan Prodromou
Last updated by: sphink,