This article needs a technical review. How you can help.
This article needs an editorial review. How you can help.
Network Security Services (NSS) 3.21.3 is a security patch release for NSS 3.21.2. The bug fixes in NSS 3.21.3 are described in the "Security Fixes" section below.
The HG tag is NSS_3_21_3_RTM. NSS 3.21.3 requires NSPR 4.10.10 or newer.
NSS 3.21.3 source distributions are available on ftp.mozilla.org for secure HTTPS download:
New in NSS 3.21.3
No new functionality is introduced in this release.
Security Fixes in NSS 3.21.3
- Bug 1306103 / CVE-2016-5285 - Fixed a possible DOS on NSS servers due to a missing NULL check.
- Bug 1221620 - Fixed a possible left-shift of a negative integer value when parsing DER.
- Bug 1206283 - Fixed an out-of-bound read when parsing invalid UTF-16.
- Bug 1241034 - Fixed an out-of-bounds write when parsing invalid UTF-16.
- Bug 1241037 - Fixed bogus surrogate detection when parsing invalid UTF-16.
NSS 3.21.3 shared libraries are backward compatible with all older NSS 3.x shared libraries. A program linked with older NSS 3.x shared libraries will work with NSS 3.21.3 shared libraries without recompiling or relinking. Furthermore, applications that restrict their use of NSS APIs to the functions listed in NSS Public Functions will remain compatible with future versions of the NSS shared libraries.
Bugs discovered should be reported by filing a bug report with bugzilla.mozilla.org (product NSS).