The NSS team has released Network Security Services (NSS) 3.16, which is a minor release.
The HG tag is NSS_3_16_RTM. NSS 3.16 requires NSPR 4.10.3 or newer.
NSS 3.16 source distributions are available on ftp.mozilla.org for secure HTTPS download:
- Supports the Linux x32 ABI. (This requires NSPR 4.10.4.) To build for the Linux x32 target, set the environment variable USE_X32=1 when building NSS.
- in cms.h
- NSS_CMSSignerInfo_Verify - verify the signature of a single SignerInfo. It just verifies the signature, assuming that the certificate has been verified already.
- in sslproto.h
- TLS_RSA_WITH_RC4_128_SHA, TLS_RSA_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA, etc. - cipher suites that were first defined in SSL 3.0 can now be referred to with their official IANA names in TLS, with the TLS_ prefix. Previously, they had to be referred to with their names in SSL 3.0, with the SSL_ prefix.
- ECC is enabled by default. It is no longer necessary to set the environment variable NSS_ENABLE_ECC=1 when building NSS. To disable ECC, set the environment variable NSS_DISABLE_ECC=1 when building NSS.
- Bug 903885: (CVE-2014-1492) In a wildcard certificate, the wildcard character should not be embedded within the U-label of an internationalized domain name. See the last bullet point in RFC 6125, Section 7.2.
- Bug 962760: libpkix should not include the common name of CA as DNS names when evaluating name constraints.
- Bug 981170: AESKeyWrap_Decrypt should not return SECSuccess for invalid keys.
- Bug 974693: Fix a memory corruption in sec_pkcs12_new_asafe.
- Bug 956082: If the NSS_SDB_USE_CACHE environment variable is set, skip the runtime test sdb_measureAccess.
- The built-in roots module has been updated to version 1.97, which adds, removes, and distrusts several certificates.
- The atob utility has been improved to automatically ignore lines of text that aren't in base64 format.
- The certutil utility has been improved to support creation of version 1 and version 2 certificates, in addition to the existing version 3 support.
This Bugzilla query returns all the bugs fixed in NSS 3.16: