4.3 Release Notes
Network Security Services for Java (JSS) 4.3 is a minor release with the following new features:
- SQLite-Based Shareable Certificate and Key Databases
- libpkix: an RFC 3280 Compliant Certificate Path Validation Library
- PKCS11 needsLogin method
- support HmacSHA256, HmacSHA384, and HmacSHA512
- support for all NSS 3.12 initialization options
JSS 4.3 is tri-licensed under MPL 1.1/GPL 2.0/LGPL 2.1.
A list of bug fixes and enhancement requests were implemented in this release can be obtained by running this bugzilla query
JSS 4.3 requires NSS 3.12 or higher.
- New SQLite-Based Shareable Certificate and Key Databases by prepending the string "sql:" to the directory path passed to configdir parameter for Crypomanager.initialize method or using the NSS environment variable NSS_DEFAULT_DB_TYPE.
- Libpkix: an RFC 3280 Compliant Certificate Path Validation Library (see PKIXVerify)
- PK11Token.needsLogin method (see needsLogin)
- support HmacSHA256, HmacSHA384, and HmacSHA512 (see HMACTest.java)
- support for all NSS 3.12 initialization options (see InitializationValues)
- New SSL error codes (see https://mxr.mozilla.org/security/sour...util/SSLerrs.h)
- New TLS cipher suites (see https://mxr.mozilla.org/security/sour...SSLSocket.java):
- Note: the following TLS cipher suites are declared but are not yet implemented:
- JSS is checked into
- The CVS tag for the JSS 4.3 release is
- Source tarballs are available from https://archive.mozilla.org/pub/security/jss/releases/JSS_4_3_RTM/src/jss-4.3.tar.bz2
- Binary releases are no longer available on mozilla. JSS is a JNI library we provide the jss4.jar but expect you to build the JSS's matching JNI shared library. We provide the jss4.jar in case you do not want to obtain your own JCE code signing certificate. JSS is a JCE provider and therefore the jss4.jar must be signed. https://archive.mozilla.org/pub/security/jss/releases/JSS_4_3_RTM/
Documentation for JSS 4.3 is available as follows:
- JSS 4.3 works with JDK versions 4 or higher we suggest the latest.
- JSS 4.3 requires NSS 3.12 or higher.
- JSS 4.3 requires NSPR 4.7.1 or higher.
- JSS only supports the native threading model (no green threads).
- For a list of reported bugs that have not yet been fixed, click here. Note that some bugs may have been fixed since JSS 4.3 was released.
- JSS 4.3 is backwards compatible with JSS 4.2. Applications compiled against JSS 4.2 will work with JSS 4.3.
- The 4.3 version of libjss4.so/jss4.dll must only be used with jss4.jar. In general, a JSS JAR file must be used with the JSS shared library from the exact same release.
- To obtain the version info from the jar file use, "System.out.println(org.mozilla.jss.CryptoManager.JAR_JSS_VERSION)" and to check the shared library: strings libjss4.so | grep -i header