Sends bytes a socket to a specified destination.
#include <prio.h> PRInt32 PR_SendTo( PRFileDesc *fd, const void *buf, PRInt32 amount, PRIntn flags, const PRNetAddr *addr, PRIntervalTime timeout);
The function has the following parameters:
- A pointer to a
PRFileDescobject representing a socket.
- A pointer to a buffer containing the data to be sent.
- The size of
- This obsolete parameter must always be zero.
- A pointer to the address of the destination.
- A value of type
PRIntervalTimespecifying the time limit for completion of the receive operation.
The function returns one of the following values:
- A positive number indicates the number of bytes successfully sent.
- The value -1 indicates a failure. The reason for the failure can be obtained by calling
PR_SendTo sends a specified number of bytes from a socket to the specified destination address. The calling thread blocks until all bytes are sent, a timeout has occurred, or there is an error.