The topics in this section are designed to get newcomers to the Emscripten project up and running with Emscripten as quickly as possible.
Getting started tutorials
- What is Emscripten and how does it work?
- This article provides a technical overview of how Emscripten works.
- Your first steps with Emscripten
- A detailed "hello world" tutorial, designed to get you to the stage where you've compiled and run your first Emscripted application, understand how it works, and have developed a hunger to learn more.
- Putting Emscripten in your toolchain
- This article provides a brief discussion of how Emscripten can fit into your standard toolchain, including build process and debugging.
- Emscripten APIs
- Working out what C++ stuff is supported well in Emscripten, and what isn't
- What problems should you solve on the C++ side?
- What should be written in JS and glued on. How is this done?
- https://github.com/kripken/emscripten/wiki/Library-Support ?
- Solving specific problems (mini case studies - these don't need to be long, just present minimal examples and link to further resources in the techniques section?)
- 2d graphics
- 3d graphics
- file-system access