- A recent POSIX Shell
- Python 2.5 or newer.
- Perl 5.6 or higher Older perl versions may work if you upgrade File::Spec to version 0.8
- GNU make 3.79.1 or higher. Other varieties of "make" will not work.
- autoconf-2.13 - Autoconf 2.5x will not work.
- zip 2.3 (or higher)
- Mercurial 1.2 or higher recommended. Needed for development of Firefox 3.5/SeaMonkey 2.0/Thunderbird 3.0 and later.
- A text editor. You can try one of these:
To verify that they work, open a shell. Linux users should know, on the Mac, you find Terminal in Applications/Utilities. On Windows, MozillaBuild offers a
c:\mozilla-build. Let’s try our entry points:
$ hg --version Mercurial Distributed SCM (version 1.3.1) Copyright (C) 2005-2009 Matt Mackall <email@example.com> and others This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE
Great, hg works.
$ make –version GNU Make 3.81.90 …
make works, too. Don’t bother the version string here, as long as you’re 3.79.1 or better. Now continue the scheme for python and perl, and try zip -h, too.