The Firefox Developer Edition is a version of Firefox that's tailored for web developers. It includes:
- the latest Firefox features: Firefox Developer Edition replaces the old Aurora channel.
- Each new release includes features which have been stabilized via nightly builds.
- New features enter the Firefox Beta channel six weeks before being released
- New features are stabilized for 12 weeks before appearing in the released version of Firefox.
- a separate developer profile: this means you can easily run the Developer Edition alongside your release or Beta version of Firefox.
- experimental developer tools: we'll include experimental tools that aren't yet ready for production.
- preferences tailored for web developers: we've set default preference values tailored for web developers. For example, chrome and remote debugging are enabled by default in the Developer Edition.
- a distinct theme: this includes quicker access to the developer tools.