All platforms are using the same set of makefiles for the build so all you have to do is edit
Makefile.in files (and possibly
toolkit/toolkit-tiers.mk if you add new makefiles).
Note:Don't forget to check TreeHerder after you check in!
Makefile.infiles to add new source files, and export header files.
- Dependencies are specified in
- If you add a new directory to the build, you have to add the directory to the list of subdirectories in
- Some directories are special, and you need to list new directories in
toolkit/toolkit-tiers.mk. The files listed here are not specific to the
toolkit/directory, so if your makefile is not yet being processed correctly, try to add it here.
- On platforms that build with
gcc, because of the symbol visibility, you might have to check System Headers to make sure they are properly wrapped.
Adding new files to the build can cause breakage on tinderbox and to other developers if things aren't checked in the correct order.
- Check in only the new files.
- Check in the patches to existing files that make your new files get used.
Exporting a file makes it get copied to
mozilla/dist. C and C++ header files are exported by including them the
EXPORTS list in Makefile.in, and IDL files are exported by including them in the
Original Document Information