Debugging a project as large as Mozilla can be a daunting task. Fortunately, over the years, Mozilla developers have come up with not just technologies and features to help you debug code, but have devised tips and techniques that can help too. Also available are assorted tools that you can use when debugging.
- Debugging memory leaks
- Learn about tools and techniques that will help you debug memory leaks.
- Building Firefox with debug symbols
- How to build Firefox with debug symbols enabled, to help with debugging.
- Debugging a hang on Mac OS X
- Helpful tips for debugging hangs on Mac OS X.
Frequently asked questions
- Debugging Mozilla on Windows FAQ
- Questions (and answers) about debugging Mozilla on Windows.
- Debugging Mozilla on Mac OS X
- Questions (and answers) about debugging Mozilla on Mac OS X.
- Debugging Mozilla with gdb
- gdb is our primary debugger on Mac and Linux.
- Debugging Mozilla with valgrind
- valgrind is a memory debugger for Mac and Linux. It is slow, but good for tracking down difficult memory safety bugs.
Debugging specific technologies
- Debugging a XULRunner application
- Tips and suggestions that will help you debug your XULRunner based application.
- Debugging frame reflow
- Learn how to debug frame reflow.
- Debugging table reflow
- Learn how to debug table reflow.
- Assorted tools that will help you debug your code or web site.