Important: This position has now been filled, so applications are now closed. Please do not apply for this position!
May 9, 2018
Issued by: Mozilla
Mozilla Representative: Kadir Topal, firstname.lastname@example.org, MDN product manager
- Location: US and Canada (Eastern timezone preferred)
- Home working possible: Yes
Important: This is a full-time contract position, with the employment handled through an agency, not a permanent job at Mozilla. Potential to convert to full-time employee at end of contract.
We are seeking an experienced researcher to help us divine the needs of modern developers and designers of technology, by coordinating and conducting research projects for internal teams and with external collaborators.
- Work with product managers, designers, and engineers to understand needs and prioritize research projects.
- Conduct and direct research on multiple aspects of products and experiences targeting developers.
- Quickly develop clear and detailed research proposals and plans that outline study goal, project scope, target participants, and appropriate evaluative and generative research methods.
- Provide survey design for quantitative studies of developer behavior.
- Direct participant recruitment, screener development, and scheduling.
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and in-person presentations.
- Lead the creation and maintenance of research documentation (interview protocols, test scripts, surveys, etc).
Your professional profile...
- You have a degree, or equivalent experience, in design, human-computer interaction, cognitive science, experimental psychology, anthropology, information science, or related discipline.
- You have at least 3 - 5 years of work experience in a user research setting.
- You have a deep understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
- You are conversant with a diverse set of methodologies including user testing, cognitive walk-throughs, 1:1 user interviews, remote testing, field studies, and surveys. Further, we encourage you to be creative and experimental in your approach and methodology.
- You are flexible and efficient – You are comfortable exercising a balance between inspiration, bias, and rigorous research in order to move quickly from planning to conducting a project, synthesizing insights, and informing opportunities.
Send an email to Kadir Topal, MDN product manager, at email@example.com. Include your CV/resumé, a cover letter explaining why you'd be a good fit for the job, and any other supporting information you think might be useful.