How to add or update browser compatibility data
If you have information about browser compatibility of Web features — or are willing and able to do some research and/or experimentation — you can help update MDN's Browser Compatibility Data (BCD).
There are several ways that you can help improve browser compatibility information on MDN:
- Add data for web features not yet included in the BCD repository
- Update existing data with new information based on either changes to new versions of browsers, correcting mistakes in existing data, or updates to the features of a given technology
- Submit pull requests to address BCD issues filed on Github.
- Familiarity with using Github
- Familiarity with using JSON
- Information about, or ability to test for, compatibility of web standards features in different browsers. You can also convert "old" compatibility table data into JSON.