This article is in need of a technical review.
This article will guide you on how to investigate disconnect failures. An example of such a failure
Disconnect failures happens when one side is closing the connection and Mozmill is unable to send the information over the bridge or when Firefox crashes. Usually disconnects happens when a modal dialog freezes and we cannot close it sp we close Firefox with the modal frozen. We cannot investigate failures via mozmill, because we do not catch the crashes, so the crashes' information is not logged; we have to go to ci machines and investigate directly.
- Check if Firefox crashed:
- Check the Event Viewer to check if an OS event interfered with the test run.
The event viewer can be found on Windows:
Computer Management > Event Viewer > Windows Logs > Application
Crashes (not freezes)
- If we have a crash we always should submit it.
- Under about:crashes we have links to all the crashes submitted by Firefox to crash-stats.
4. Reproduce manually if possible.
File a bug
Once you found what caused the failure, file a new bug; if you could make it reproducible, narrow down the test case as much as you can so we can see what causes the failure.