This document is targeted at developers who need to use and update the comm-central build system.
This document is not intended for people who just want to build Mozilla. For that, see the Build Documentation.
It is also worth being familiar with the code layout of comm-central.
The comm-central build system is a wrapper/extension of the mozilla build system. The few build files that are required to run the comm-central system call into the core mozilla files (under mozilla/) to share the same code.
- client.mk is used to call the master configure, and the mozilla/configure files.
- confiure calls mozilla/configure
- mozilla/configure calls the NSPR and NSS configure scripts
- configure calls the directory/c-sdk configure script
- The [tier build] system is still present.
- Makefile.in calls make default in mozilla/
- The main mozilla build then takes place