The Firefox add-ons developer guide was contributed by our Japan community; it covers how to go about building Firefox extensions using XPCOM and XUL. These days, we recommend using the Add-on SDK instead, but there are times when you need the additional control offered by a more direct approach.
- Introduction to extensions
- Technologies used in developing extensions
- Introduction to XUL—How to build a more intuitive UI
- Using XPCOM—Implementing advanced processes
- Let's build a Firefox extension
- Firefox extensions and XUL applications