- Get Firebug; The source is included.
- Find the installed firebug in the Mozilla extensions directory, eg
C:\Documents and Settings\John J. Barton\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\w5tmpjcs.test\extensions\firstname.lastname@example.org\
- Copy the directory to your workspace
- find firebug.jar in the chrome directory.
- rename it to firebug.zip.
- unzip it such that chrome directory contains the content of the jar,eg
Rezip the files into a jar for testing.
- Panels - these are the tabs in the firebug UI
- lib aka FBL aka Firebug Library - common functions used in many panels