Firefox 3 offers improvements to the Download Manager that allow multiple progress listeners, use of the Storage API for data management, download resuming, and more. In addition, you can augment or replace the Download Manager's user interface by implementing the new
Download Manager interfaces
- Gives applications and extensions access to the Download Manager, allowing them to add and remove files to the download list, retrieve information about past and present downloads, and request notifications as to the progress of downloads.
- Describes a file in the download queue; these files may currently be queued for download, actively being downloaded, or finished being downloaded.
- Applications and extensions implement this interface to be made aware of changes in the status of downloads.
- Implement this interface to replace or augment the Download Manager user interface.
Other Download Manager documentation
- Download Manager preferences
- This article lists preferences used by the Download Manager as well as their default values.
- The Download Manager schema
- This article describes the database format used to store and track information about each download.