Mozilla based software is typically extensible through add-ons. There are three primary types of add-on: extensions, plug-ins, and themes. This page will help guide you to the information you need in order to create add-ons for Firefox, Thunderbird, or other software based on the Mozilla platform, as well as how to distribute your add-ons.
- Distributing add-ons
- Provides helpful information for add-on developers to help them properly package and deliver their add-ons. This includes information about addons.mozilla.org, Mozilla's add-on distribution web site.
- Coverage of how to participate in the Mozilla project, including developing the platform itself, Firefox, and other products based on the Mozilla platform.
- Information about how to create plug-ins, which are binary components that let Mozilla based software display content they can't handle natively.
- Themes let users customize the appearance of the user interface presented by Mozilla-based applications.
- Search engine plug-ins
- Firefox supports search engine plug-ins, which enable the search box to support different search engines.