Microformat definition format
The microformat definition must contain the following entries:
- Specifies the version number of the microformat API to which the definition was written. For Firefox 3, this should be set to 0.8.
- A string specifying the name of the microformat's class as referenced in HTML (
- An array indicating the names of any properties that must be specified. This may be left out if all properties are optional.
- A structure describing the properties of the microformat.
Each property in the
properties structure is specified by its name, and may include additional attributes if the property so requires. Standard attributes are:
- A boolean value indicating that, if
trueindicates that the property can have multiple values. If a property is plural, it is returned as an array.
- A boolean value indicating whether or not the property is virtual. If it's virtual, the
virtualGetter()method will be called to attempt to create the property if it doesn't exist.
- The type of data contained by the property. Possible values are:
- An ISO date
- A URI
- An email address
- A telephone number
- HTML including tags
- A floating-point number
- A microformat
- Custom data