Beginning with Firefox 3 alpha 5, Firefox and the Mozilla platform ship with an open-source crash reporting system. This system is combination of projects:
- Google Breakpad client and server libraries
- Mozilla-specific crash reporting user interface and bootstrap code
- Socorro Collection and reporting server
- Building Firefox with Debug Symbols
- Environment variables affecting crash reporting
- Using Crash Reporting in a XULRunner Application
- General Breakpad information (finding local crash reports and viewing them at crash-stats.mozilla.com).