Firefox ships with an open-source crash reporting system. This system is combination of projects:
- Google Breakpad client and server libraries
- Mozilla-specific crash reporting user interface and bootstrap code
- Socorro Collection and reporting server
Where did my crash get submitted?
Crash data submitted using the Mozilla Crash Reporter is located on the Mozilla Socorro server. If you want to find a specific crash that you submitted, you first need to find the Crash ID that the server has assigned your crash. Type
about:crashes into your location bar to get a page listing both submitted and unsubmitted crash reports. For more information, see How to get a stacktrace for a bug report.
- Mozilla Applications Crash Statistics
- Mozilla Crash Data Analysis
- Building Firefox with Debug Symbols
- Environment variables affecting crash reporting
- Crash Reporting Guide for Firefox OS Partners
- Uploading Symbols to Mozilla's Symbol Server (guide for partners)
- Using Crash Reporting in a XULRunner Application