- Spidermonkey File object https://developer.mozilla.org/En/SpiderMonkey:File_object
- Synchronet provides a File Class that was originally inspired by SpiderMonkey's jsfile.c, but has been widely used and enhanced over the years: http://synchro.net/docs/jsobjs.html#File
- This File class from Ejscript is still evolving but is fairly comprehensive. It supports stackable streams such as BinaryStream, StringStream. It can also do I/O to and from a ByteArray class.
- JSExt.File http://jsext.sourceforge.net/JSEXT1.File.html
- jslibs jsio module http://code.google.com/p/jslibs/wiki/jsio
- v8cgi has a File and Directory interfaces
- helma has two File apis. One and deprecated
adobe's extendscript has a File constructor.Documentation is difficult to find online.
generic collection/document resource (java) api (work in process)