This is an archived page. It's not actively maintained.
are carefully designed to deliver the greatest benefits to the greatest number of web users while ensuring the long-term viability of any document published on the Web. Designing and building with these standards simplifies and lowers the cost of production, while delivering sites that are accessible to more people and more types of Internet devices. Sites developed along these lines will continue to function correctly as traditional desktop browsers evolve, and as new Internet devices come to market. 
- Migrate apps from Internet Explorer to Mozilla
- Ever have trouble getting your Internet Explorer-specific Web applications to work with Mozilla? This article covers common issues associated with migrating applications to the open source Mozilla-based browser.
- Using Web Standards in your Web Pages
- This article provides an overview of the process for upgrading the content of your web pages to conform to the W3C web standards.
- Choosing Standards Compliance Over Proprietary Practices
- In the development world, there is a need for standards because applications are designed across multiple development groups.
- The Business Benefits of Web Standards
- This article discusses how adhering to web standards, and leaving behind proprietary markup and technologies, can contribute to a company's business goals.
- CSS, DHTML, HTML, Web Development, XHTML, XML
The Web Standards Project