- Java versus Tamarin
- Discussion about possibility of implementing Java technology in Mozilla products.
- A user writes that the licensing incompatibilities between GPL and MPL would prevent Java code to be added in Mozilla. The license would need to be compatible with all three MPL/GPL/LGPL (used by Tamarin) to be considered for Mozilla.
- Frank Hecker writes: The possibility of having a GPL-only Mozilla code would cause problems such as people who want to distribute Mozilla based products with:
- non-GPL compatible extensions
- free proprietary extensions such as Flash player
- using trademarks such as logos