Summary: mozilla.dev.platform - November 11th - November 17th, 2006
No announcements this week
- Alex Vincent ran into some difficulty with XULRunner Extension manager not recognizing XULWidgets for Verbosio? However he found out that it was a result of his flat-chrome version of XUL Widgets and works fine with the jarred-chrome version.
- Boaz discuses the evolution of web browsers towards a more "application mode" whereas a web browser is loaded for the sole purpose of running a given website. Boaz invites your Comments
- XULRunner 126.96.36.199 is running a kiosk-type application on Linux with 512Mb, and there is the appearance of a significant memory leak. Win2XUL asks for any quick pointers, opinions, experience, suggestions or Ideas on where xulrunner might leak memory
- Bug 319654 was fixed on trunk recently. Nickolay Ponomarev lets us know that Processing instructions are now added to XUL document's DOM This also means, you can no longer use document.firstChild in XUL scripts to get the root element of a XUL document and the xml-stylesheet and xul-overlay processing instructions outside the prolog no longer have any effect
- peter.sei...@gmail.com runs into some difficulties Deploying XULRunner 1.8 on OS X? Please see mozilla.dev.platform FAQ for solution.
- Peter Naulls makes the suggestion in Use and maintenance of xlib code that he become the nominal maintainer of the xlib code.
No meetings this week